The Friends of CASA Board of Directors play a critical role in the success of Pulaski County CASA. The board consist of 15 members that guide the program in various areas including compliance, strategic planning, fundraising, recruitment, budgeting, marketing, and program development. The board members are a diverse group of individuals that have the mission of CASA at heart and the talents necessary to see that mission fulfilled.
How Do I Become a Board Member?
1. Contact the Pulaski County CASA office at (501) 340-6741 for an application packet
2. Complete the board member application and submit a current resume for consideration
3. Provide three personal/professional references
4. Participate in a personal interview with a board member representative
5. Complete both CPS and criminal background checks
6. The board will review your information and invite you to a meeting for further review
7. The board will make a final decision about your membership and inform you accordingly
8. Orientation will be provided by a member of the board and help from the Executive Director of the program
9. Review and sign required forms and expectations
• Be 21 years old
• Be willing to complete necessary background checks, provide references and participate in an interview process
• Complete the orientation and review and sign all needed forms
• Have 4-10 hours per month to give for board meetings, committee meetings, special projects/events, fundraising, and any other activities related to the board’s roles and responsibilities